Nashville, Tenn. (November 2, 2020) — Platinum-selling country music group BlackHawk returns to the scene with a two-disc greatest hits project titled Just About Right: Live From Atlanta. The new album, recorded live acoustically from Eddie’s Attic in Atlanta, Georgia,will drop Friday, November 13th via BFD / Audium Nashville / The Orchard.
Known for their smooth, brother-like harmonies, BlackHawk was originally made up of trio Henry Paul (lead vocals, mandolin, acoustic guitar), Dave Robbins (harmony vocals, keyboard) and the late Van Stephenson (harmony vocals, electric guitar).
Recording Just About Right gave Paul and Robbins the chance to reunite with their original backing band from the 90s, performing again alongside Bobby Huff (percussion) and Dale Oliver (lead guitar). Paul explains that this reunion “made for a very memorable musical moment. Many of the songs we chose were personal favorites from our early records spanning nearly a decade.” Fans will recognize top hits including “Goodbye Says It All,” “Every Once in a While,” “I Sure Can Smell the Rain,” “That’s Just About Right” and 18 more of the band’s applauded tracks.
“Making a live BlackHawk acoustic recording takes me back to when Henry, Van, and I started writing and singing together as a trio,” says Dave Robbins. “It’s representative of BlackHawk in its purist form, having old friends join us on stage and tried-and-true fans makes everything ‘just about right’ on that special night in Atlanta.”
“Having this music that’s so special to us performed by the people that helped create it sets this double live album apart from anything we’ve recorded and released,” Paul continues. “I especially love the acoustic nature of this collection because it casts these songs in the true spirit in which they were written.”
Just About Right: Live From Atlanta will be available to purchase, download and stream everywhere on Friday, November 13th. Receive insta-grat track and lead single “That’s Just About Right” instantly, when you pre-save and pre-order the live acoustic record: https://orcd.co/BlackHawkJustAboutRightLive
Just About Right: Live From Atlanta Track Listing:
1. Down in Flames (M. Clark, J. Stevens)
2. Goodbye Says It All (C. Black, B. Fischer, J. McRae)
3. Every Once in a While (H. Paul, D. Robbins, V. Stephenson)
4. Love Like This (P. Bunch, M. Kennedy, P. Rose)
5. Let Em’ Whirl (H. Paul. V. Stephenson, G. Jennings)
6. Almost a Memory Now (D. Robbins, V. Stephenson, D. Oliver)
7. Wichita (D. Robbins, T. Robbins, T. Gates)
8. I’m Not Strong Enough to Say No (R. Lange)
9. Ships of Heaven (V. Stephenson)
10. Ain’t No Yesterday (W. Aldridge, M. Narmore)
11. Always Have, Always Will (D. Robbins)
1. Days of America (H. Paul, D. Robbins, L. Miller)
2. Dances With Her Shadow (H. Paul, D. Robbins, V. Stephenson, D. Oliver)
3. Bluest Eyes in Texas (D. Robbins, V. Stephenson, T. DuBois)
4. Spirit Dancer (H. Paul, D Robbins, J. Peterick)
5. There You Have It (S. Bogard, R. Giles)
6. Brothers of the Southland (H. Paul, D. Robbins, J. Peterick)
7. One More Heartache (H. Paul, D. Robbins, V. Stephenson)
8. I Sure Can Smell the Rain (W. Aldridge, J. Jarrard)
9. That’s Just About Right (J. Black)
10. Postmarked Birmingham (P. Vasser, D. Sampson)
11. Big Guitar (H. Paul, H. Gross)
Produced by Henry Paul & Dave Robbins
Mixed by Travis Hearheart
Recorded at Eddie’s Attic in Decatur, Georgia
For more than 25 years, BlackHawk has shared a unique sense of harmony with their voices, their songs and their fans. It’s a harmony that has sold over 7 million albums, scored some of the most distinctive country radio hits of the ‘90s, and still draws tens of thousands of fans to their electrifying live performances.Today, BlackHawk continues to honor its past as it forges its future, and does it all with a commitment that takes their music – and the harmony – to a whole new level.
For more information on BlackHawk, visit blackhawklive.com.
About Bob Frank Distribution (BFD)
Bob Frank Distribution (BFD) was formed in 2013 as a boutique independent music distributor with a global sub-distribution arrangement with the Orchard. BFD currently represents over 50 companies and artists with thousands of masters including Righteous Babe, Blue Hat, DPTV, Astor Place Recordings, Big Deal Records, Once Upon A Time, Node Music, Silva Screen, Woodward Avenue Records, The Atlantic Screen Group (Filmtrax), REMT, Pra/Bad Dog, UFO, as well as artist owned labels and catalogs including Crystal Gayle, Dale Watson, Dave Davies, Mark Collie, Darryl Worley, Lee Roy Parnell, Trini Lopez and Charlie Daniels.
Visit bobfrankent.com for more information.
# # #